Steps To Take After A Motor Vehicle Accident
After being involved in a car accident or any other type of motor vehicle accident, you may have many questions about what to do next. You may be confused, stressed and overwhelmed.
Before you take any kind of action, you should read the following information and contact our office to schedule a free initial consultation. At The Law Office of George O. Haskell, IV, in Macon, Georgia, we are here to spend time with our clients. We believe in educating you about your options and helping you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries after you have been in a car accident.
Here are some general points you should follow after a car accident :
- Call the appropriate law enforcement agency to investigate and report the incident.
- Get the names and contact information of any of the parties involved, as well as eyewitnesses.
- Obtain the at-fault party’s insurance information, including the company name and policy number.
- Take pictures of the area where the incident occurred, any property damage and any injuries .
- Do not give any recorded statements to anyone or any insurance company without the advice of counsel.
- Do not sign any authorizations for the release of health information to the at-fault party’s insurance carrier.
- Seek immediate medical treatment for any injuries.
- Call an experienced injury attorney.
We can help you with all of these steps. Contact our office today to learn more about our services.