Pursue the Compensation You Deserve Contact Our Team

Property Damage Claims Attorney in Macon, Georgia

Get Fair Value for Your Property Damage Claim

In addition to serious physical injuries, car, and truck accidents often result in significant property damage. If you are like most Macon area residents, you likely rely upon your vehicle heavily and will have transportation needs during your recovery, and attend doctor and physical therapy appointments.

To pay for vehicle repair costs, you will need to open a claim with your insurance company and an adjuster will take steps to determine if your vehicle is repairable or a total loss. If your vehicle can be repaired, your insurer will provide an appraisal and send you a check for the estimated repair amount. You are then free to take your vehicle to a repair shop of your choice. In the event that the repair costs exceed the appraisal check amount provided by your insurance company, the body shop will need to submit a supplement request.

When the repair costs to a damaged vehicle exceed 75 percent of its fair market value, most insurance companies will deem the vehicle a total loss. When a vehicle is totaled, an insurance company will take steps to determine the vehicle’s mileage and pre-accident condition and issue a check for the fair market value. Additionally, your insurance company should compensate you for any sales tax and tag fees previously paid.

Dependable Legal Assistance

Contact Us

When a Vehicle Is Totaled

If you want to keep your totaled-out vehicle, your insurance company will deduct the salvage value from the totaled-out value and the vehicle will be issued a salvage title. You will not be able to legally drive the vehicle unless and until you take steps to have the vehicle sufficiently repaired and recertified at a state-approved inspection facility.

Regardless of whether your vehicle can be repaired or is a total loss, your insurance company must compensate you for a comparable rental car or loss of use damages for the period of time that your vehicle is out of service. If your vehicle is totaled, your insurance company must pay your rental or loss of use fees up to the point at which they make a reasonable offer on the total loss.

Holding Insurance Companies Accountable

In addition to communicating with insurance companies about your personal injury claim, The Law Office of George O. Haskell, IV, can also answer your questions and provide advice and assistance on property damage claims.

Call a lawyer at our firm today or contact us online. Our goal is to ensure that you are treated fairly and that you receive just compensation for all of your injuries and losses.